Sunday, May 12, 2013

My 1st Stitch Fix Box


After reading so many blogs, seeing great instagram pictures, and pins on pinterest. I decided to give Stitch Fix a shot for myself.  For $20 I get a box of clothes picked out by a stylist. I fill out a style profile and and link to a pinterest board. Then about 2 weeks later I get a box in the mail filled with 5 items just for me.  The $20 I paid for the box goes towards any items I decide to keep and if I decide to keep the entire box I get a 25% discount.

Here's what I got:
Item 1: Jolan Geo Print Dress $58
When I first saw the description of this dress I got a bit worried. I don't wear a lot of prints, but I wanted to be open minded and when I opened the package. I was in love. The print is so me. After putting it on. I loved it too. When I added a necklace and a belt I felt I had a great outfit. + a cardigan and I could go from day to night or a chilly spring or fall day.
Keeping this!



Item 2: Moni Stud Detail Woven Top $58
I actually requested this item after seeing them post it on Instagram. I knew it would be a great addition to my waredrobe and be something I wouldn't have picked up at the store myself. I think it'll pair great with my mint jeans or white jeans.
In the box I loved it still. Once I tried it on I wasn't sure. The bottom of these sleeves are a bit tight, but not too bad. Once I saw myself in pictures I loved it. I still had a waist in something loose and comfortable for spring/summer.
I'm keeping it.
Item 3: Clipper Open Front Knit Cardigan $58
I'm a fan of layering. I'm always cold even in the middle of summer so I love cardigans. This one is great. I love that it's long. The color is great. It's not something I'd buy myself. (this was a trend I found in my box) I need to try it on with some t-shirts to see if it'll work with my everyday wear, but I I really like it.
Keeping this one.


Item 4: Lyvia Sheer Stripe V-Neck Top $58
I love love love the feel of this top. It's sheer, but I own plenty of tanks I can put under it. I like that it hits at the elbow and the color is great.
Keeping this
Item 5: Layerd Beaded Chain Long Necklace $38
(pictured on the sheer top above item 4)
I love me a good necklace. It's my accessory of choice.  I don't own any long ones. I never know when and how to wear them. I have mixed feeling about this one. I like that it's a mix of a shorter pendant and a longer chain. It works great with the top I got.

I decided to keep everything this month. With the 25% discount and the items I loved. It seemed worthwhile to also keep the items I liked.
You can sign up here. (this is my referral link. I'd appreciate it if you used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment