Sunday, May 12, 2013

My 2nd Stitch Fix Box


*I wasn't paid for this review. I just really love the company and concept*
Stitch Fix is a company that works kind of like a personal shopper. You fill out a style profile and you can link them to a pinterest board.  I pretty much pin anything I really like to my board and I try to pin specific items that Stitch Fix offers as well. The box costs $20, but that $20 go towards anything you keep in the box and if you keep all 5 items you get a 25% discount off everything.
A little update about last month's great box: I decided to keep everything, but was hesitant about one of the tops and necklace. The necklace I still don't wear much and may pass it on to a friend that I think will, but that top I was hesitant on has turned out to be one of my favorite most worn pieces. The cardigan I got I don't wear as much as I thought I would, but maybe because it's warmed up or I just don't love it as much, but it's a nice piece to throw on with a basic tee and jeans when I'm running out to the store or down to the mailbox.
This month I requested a denim skirt and a polka dot top. I didn't get a denim skirt so this just leads to believe a good one doesn't exist. (I've been looking for 3 years for a good knee length skirt)
This month my box has 5 clothing pieces. The tops were a little cheaper, but a few pieces were higher than I'd normally spend for item if I was shopping, but that's a reason I love Stitch Fix. Good Quality means clothes last longer.  I just got done cleaning my closet and most the clothes I bought in the fall from Old Navy are pilling and warped that they just aren't worth wearing anymore. So I won't be shopping at Old Navy much anymore.
Anyway onto what's in my box:

Lola Ankle Length Skinny Jeans :$88
I live in skinny jeans. I own at least 5 pairs before I got these and I wear them all on a regular basis. So I was excited when I saw that these were black. I don't own a pair of black skinnies. I loved the feel of the cotton immediately. They feel better then all the jeans I own (either from Target or Kohls)  I put them on and they were a perfect fit. They sit just below my ankle and the waist is comfortable and I don't muffin top them!
I'm keeping them. In fact I'm still wearing them.
Miro Open Banded Cardigan: $68
I love layers and this is a great spring summer layering piece. It's comfortable, loose, a my favorite color.
I'll be keeping this. It'll be great for flying and for the "cool" summer nights in Orlando during summer. (I find it cold at 70 not everyone does)
Rye Houndstooth Print Tab Sleeve Top: $48
I don't wear a lot of print so this top is different for me. I don't have much shape in it, but I love the ease of it. It looks great with my new black skinnies. I think it'll also work with my mint jeans and my denim.
I'm going to have to sleep on this one.
Chaimbers Knit Cowlneck Top :$48
I've bought a few cowlneck tops in the past and never wear them, so I wasn't holding my breathe  that I'd like this one. This one is so different from any I've tried on or bought before. It's a much lower neck which I can still wear my favorite necklace with. It's a color that I don't buy for myself, but I also feel like this doesn't give me much shape. I do love the sleeve length for spring, but summer's just around the corner and it can get to be 90 in the south bay, so I'm going to sleep on this, but it's my least favorite piece.

Fiona Dot Print Sweater :$85
This was my favorite piece from the box. It's polka dots. I love polka dots. I requested something with dots and this didn't disappoint. It's a sweater with a keyhole back, but it's thin and soft and gold!
I'm keeping this no question. Now if I can bring myself to take it off that'd be great!
Well that's it until May. Without question I'm keeping 3 pieces and thinking about two. I consider this a great success. I looked at my invoice sheet from last month and this month and I had the same stylist.
Here's my link to signing up. I do get a credit when you get your first box with my link. If that bothers you, you can sign up on their site directly.
*update* I kept all 5 items again this month. Even though I don't like the Cowlneck top at all it was cheaper with the 25% off to keep it then it would have been to send it back. I've already worn the houndstooth top a couple of times and I'm glad I decided to keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment