Sunday, May 12, 2013

My 3rd Stitch Fix Box


I won't bore you with how Stitch Fix works.  This month I'll jump into what I got and what I think. 
This month I asked for summer clothes. The thing is shopping in summer is tough for me. I hate my shoulders. I'm sure they're fine, but I'm not a fan of showing them off, but when I think summer clothes. I think light, simple, and dresses. My box this month 4 tops and a skirt. I'm not really sure how the items got picked for me this month. I can totally see the skirt. I have a similar one pinned that someone got in a previous Stitch Fix. I noted my favorite colors on a pin on my board and on my style profile, grey, yellow, and navy. I didn't anything in those colors. :(  I can see 1 top as I said I like loose fit on top and one is polka dots which I'm always a fan of, but well I'll try it all on and give my final thoughts, but opening this box was my first disappointment from Stitch Fix.
Item 1: MARY LOU BIRD PRINT SKIRT $48
This is the only piece that out of the box I thought had a chance. It's a bit too purple for me, but it has pockets and could be wearable. I don't currently own any skirts. So I'll need to go shopping to find a couple tops to work with this. It's a purple-blue with cream colored birds. It does work well as a high waisted or a regular skirt and the length is something I'm comfortable with.



Item 2: KASPER METALLIC DOT BUTTON UP TANK $48


I like polka dots a lot. If this was a different base color it would be workable, but the pink just isn't me. I don't know what else to say about this. It was disappointing on top of the pile and on.




Item 3: OLIVIA LEAF PRINT PEPLUM TOP $38 
I like the neckline of this top and the cream base, but the "leaf print" is a bit too random for me. Plus I can't say I like the fit. I don't like to bring attention to my body much and I feel the peplum pulls attention to my waist. Which is making me uncomfortable. If it had been a tab sleeve top. I think I would have kept it. My friends and family like this top, but I just didn't feel comfortable in it so I knew I wouldn't wear it.


Item 4: POPLAR PINTUCK BISHOP BLOUSE $68
This top is too short.  Plus it's once again pink. From the side something screams pregnant to me. So back into the box it goes.








Item 5: SIMPSON HEART DETAIL KNIT SHIRT $58 
Oh my this is green. I like green, but in shades of mint. So this was not what I'd expect to wear in summer. Or well ever with that color. The big issue with this sweater with me. I can't wear a tank with it. It peaks out the front and in the entire bottom section of the back. It's too sheer for me not to wear something under it. Again showing too much for me.
This is my 3rd box and my first disappointment.  Hopefully I can help correct what's wrong in my style profile and pinterst board so this doesn't happen again and I can get some pieces for my summer trips.   After discussing my box with someone at Stitch Fix I did myself in by specifically requesting the cheaper the better this month.  I knew I needed to watch my budget if I wanted to get pieces when traveling this month and I'm thankful to my stylist for considering my budget request, but I'm finding I'm happier with the items in my other boxes that were a little more expensive.
I decided to take the $20 hit and return the entire box.  There isn't a piece I'd love to wear or I'd specifically reach for in my closet.  Stitch Fix is awesome and will be sending me a new box that might be here this weekend or early next week. So look for box 4 review next week.
<3 Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment